Designing powerful incentives
- Incentives must drive the current “Organizational Priority” – sales, revenue, customer service
- Goals must involve a reasonable stretch
- Reward the correct metrics
- Incentives should be transparent
- Incentives should be paid out timely
- They should be motivating
- Measurement and payout must be fair
- Plan correctly and once announced they must be paid out without any further conditions being attached
- They drive change in behaviour
- Incentive should reward effort / performance which is over and above the basic job for which there is a salary
- They should generate excitement and competition in the team
Finesse is delighted to launch “HR tips practical, that create results magical”. This channel will cover every aspect of HR from a practical perspective. In our professional journey, team Finesse has had the opportunity to work across industries in SME’s, Corporate’s and PSU’s. We will now share this knowledge on an open platform for businesses to benefit. The first episode is on Incentives. We are sharing real time examples from mining, real estate, manufacturing and service sectors.
Please do remember to subscribe, like, share and switch on the notifications.